Page 4 of 4
DOCUMENTATION BY VIDEO AND/OR PHOTO
- LAMAZE INTERNATIONAL/ORGASMIC BIRTH DOCUMENTARY FILM: Filmed and photographed 2 waterbirths and 1 cesarean in NJ, at home and in birth center, 2006.
- THE GATES BY CHRISTOS: Judith Halek photographed 8 pregnant women in the once in a life time experience of the Saffron "Gates" in Central Park, NYC, 2005.
- WOMAN TO WOMAN: Judith Halek's photographs and birth video footage is featured in this Doula Documentary by Amikole Maraesa, NYC, 2003.
- Produced 39 Water Birth Related Documentaries, presented through Manhattan Neighborhood Network Cable, NYC, NY, January 1997- April 2001: Birth Balance Archives: Videotapes.
- Third International Waterbirth Conference: Waterbirth 2000: A Vision For The Future, and 4 Day Aquanatal Teacher/Training. Portland, Oregon, Sept. 21-28, 2000. BB documents with photos and written journalist. To see photo presentation click here.
- "Waterbirth: Wave Of The Future," Birth Balance Sponsored and documented through video and photo's, Gloria Lemay, Canadian Water birth Midwife, NYC, NY, Sept. 8, 2000. Click for more info.
- Holy Name Hospital, Lonnie Morris, CNM and The Childbirth Center in Englewood, NJ, Judith assisted with tub and labor support assistant, Deborah Pascali-Bonaro, the first underwater birth in a hospital in Bergen County, NJ, March 2000.
- FIRST water labor and water birth at Birth Center in Allen Pavilion Hospital, NYC, February 12 and 14, 1999.
- Elizabeth Seton Childbearing Center, NYC, tape/edit 5 min. Internet video for web page, photos, May 1999.
- New York Open Center, Michel Odent, "Childbirth: Needs, Dreams & Realities" & "We Are All Waterbabies," two 3-hour lectures, September 18, 22, 1997.
- Second International Waterbirth Conference, "Nurturing Woman: Integrating Water into Maternity Care: First North American Conference," USA, 1996.
- First International Waterbirth Conference, London, England, April 1995.
- Maternal Fitness, Julie Tupler, RN Certified Instructional Video for pre/post-natal fitness, NYC, 1995.
- First Obstetrician in a United States Hospital to labor and birth underwater, Roosevelt Hospital, NYC, June 7,1994.
- First underwater breech hospital birth in the United States, New York City, Feb. 4, 1994.
- First underwater birth at Roosevelt Hospital, NYC, Oct. 2, 1993.
- Birth Center, Englewood, NJ, a group of seven children witnessing the birth of the fifth child, and the second waterbirth in this family, Aug. 15, 1992.
VOLUNTEER PROJECTS(Childbirth Education)
- Women's Heath Education Project, two shelters in Brooklyn, Linden Shelter, prenatal education; Urban Strategies, post-natal education. WHEP raised $30,000 through private investors reviewing.
Click here to book Judith Halek for a media appearance, lecture or as a documentarian.